CWONC Projects & Activities
We are very proud of all the projects and fundraisers we are involved in. You can download our QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE FOR CWONC PROJECTS. We would love to have you join our club of amazing women and participate in as many activities as you wish. We do require that each member participate in two shifts for fundraising projects and highly suggest that you attend a couple of meetings before you join to make sure we are a good fit for you.
- Pictures with Santa – City of San Marcos holds a Holiday Breakfast & Boutique. During the breakfast, we offer pictures with Santa as a fundraiser.
- San Diego County Fair – We participate in preparing the student art for display, help the judges for the photography and mixed-media contests for Jr. High School through Jr. College, wine & beer judging, and serve at the Beer Fest. This is our largest fundraiser for the year.
Community Service Projects
- Palomar District Art Festival – GFWC members submit their arts, photos and crafts for judging at the annual Art Festival.
- Recycling – As a fundraiser for Ronald McDonald House, we collect plastic bottles and aluminum cans for recycling.
- San Diego Humane Society – We participate in the annual Walk in the Park fundraiser and donate towels and sheets for the animals.
- AniMeals – We conduct a semi-annual food drive at the Escondido Petco Store.
- Scholarships to Young Women – We offer scholarships to young women who are attending or plan to attend MiraCosta or Palomar College to help with books, etc.
- San Diego County Fair – Student Showcase
- Vista Community Center – We make and provide blankets, bears, etc.
- Canine Companions for Independence – One of our members is a puppy raiser. We also assist and bake cookies at their puppy graduations twice a year.
- Interfaith Community Services – CWONC provides small travel size soaps, shampoos, etc.to be given to homeless participants. CWONC also made lunches for participants.
- Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) – We form a team and participate in the annual fundraising efforts.
- Alzheimer’s Walk – We form a team and participate in their annual fundraising efforts.
- Operation Smile – We donate funds each year for one operation and also make and donate hospital gowns, no-no arm bands, and dolls for this organization.
- Adopt a Squadron – Our club has adopted HMLA 369 Helicopter Squadron out of Camp Pendleton. We do a variety activities to show our support to the marines and their families.
- Operation HeloBabies – We provide a virtual shower for the new babies for our adopted squadron.
- VANC (Veterans Association of North County) – CWONC donates funds to this organization that provides transition resources for veterans leaving the military in San Diego.
- Legislative Action Program – CWONC’s committee sends out an email monthly with legislative action of interest to our organization with an easy link to a response for the legislation for that month.
- Sew – In – We conduct a 3-time a year opportunity for members and the public to join us and sew items for our various charities (Operation Smile, Vista Community Clinic, etc.)
- Twisted Stitchers – We hold a monthly gathering for members to socialize while knitting, crocheting or sewing items that we then provide to our local charities.
- Book Clubs (2) – One evening – One daytime – They each meet monthly.
- Fun Social Things to Do – Social gatherings, plays, movies, Summer Pops, etc.
- Game Night – Every other month we meet at a members house and play the game of choice for that evening.
- Bunco – On opposite evenings from Game Night, members play bunco.