We are very proud of all the projects and fundraisers we are involved in. You can download our QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE FOR CWONC PROJECTS. We would love to have you join our club of amazing women and participate in as many activities as you wish. We do require that each member participate in two shifts for fundraising projects and highly suggest that you attend a couple of meetings before you join to make sure we are a good fit for you.
- San Diego County Fair – We participate in preparing the student art for display, help the judges for the photography and mixed-media contests for Jr. High School through Jr. College, wine & beer judging, and serve at the Beer Fest. This is our largest fundraiser for the year.
Community Service Projects
- Palomar District Art Festival – GFWC members submit their arts, photos and crafts for judging at the annual Art Festival.
- Recycling – As a fundraiser for Ronald McDonald House, we collect plastic bottles and aluminum cans for recycling.
- San Diego Humane Society – We participate in the annual Walk in the Park fundraiser and donate towels and sheets for the animals.
- AniMeals – We conduct a semi-annual food drive at the Escondido Petco Store.
- Scholarships to Young Women – We offer scholarships to young women who are attending MiraCosta or Palomar College to help with books, etc.
- San Diego County Fair – Student Showcase – We assist in intake and display of art made by children in grades K – 6.
- Vista Community Center – We make and provide blankets, bears, etc.
- Canine Companions for Independence – One of our members is a puppy raiser. We also assist and bake cookies at their puppy graduations twice a year.
- Interfaith Community Services – CWONC provides small travel size soaps, shampoos, etc.to be given to homeless participants. CWONC also made lunches for participants.
- Relay for Life (American Cancer Society) – We form a team and participate in the annual fundraising efforts.
- Operation Smile – We donate funds each year for one operation and also make and donate hospital gowns, no-no arm bands, and dolls for this organization.
- Hefer International – We donate funds to this worthy cause. Hefer International teaches people to use environmentally-friendly farming methods, create and operate businesses, and support their communities with their knowledge. They strengthen entire communities by making large-scale improvements to existing economic systems to benefit farmers. They help women develop leadership skills so that they can have access to greater opportunities such as education and entrepreneurship.
- Adopt a Squadron – Our club has adopted HMLA 369 Helicopter Squadron out of Camp Pendleton. We do a variety activities to show our support to the marines and their families.
- Operation HeloBabies – We provide a virtual shower for the new babies for our adopted squadron.
- Sew-In – Three times a year we have a volunteer opportunity for members and the public to join us to prepare and sew items for our various charities (Operation Smile, Vista Community Clinic, etc.)
- Twisted Stitchers – We hold a monthly gathering for members to socialize while knitting, crocheting or sewing items that we then provide to our local charities.
- Book Clubs (2) – One evening – One daytime – They each meet monthly.
- Fun Social Things to Do – Social gatherings, plays, movies, Summer Pops, etc.
- Game Night – Third Tuesday of even months, we meet at a members house and play the game of choice for that evening.
- Bunco – On 3rd Wednesday of odd months. Members play bunco